Friday, May 27, 2011

Queenie News

Just a short post as it’s hard to remain in the RV with over 90 degrees. The bodega keeps cool but has no electric power. I heard from the veterinarian. The lab is in Mexico City, so takes a bit longer.

QUEENIE’S TUMOURS WERE WHAT THE LAB CALLED LIMPOMAS. FATTY TISSUE CYSTS! I’M DANCING AS I SING HALLELUJAH!!!

Strange how, in the period of waiting to hear what could be wonderful news or devastating ones, I pushed it away from my mind, but especially from my heart. Then when I heard, a great weight was lifted from my whole body (yes, physically) and I breathed the greatest sigh of relief I’d ever expected. I had not realized how vital to me was to know that my Queenie would stay with me for more years, without pain and a debilitating illness. So my big girl will, I hope, live to her full life expectancy of 12 years. She’s now 9 years old but her body was used for many years as a puppy machine. When I adopted her, I promised her that from that point on, her life would take a turn for the better. I would have hated to be made a liar!

For all who sent positive thoughts and vibes, THANK YOU!

LiveJournal Tags: ,

2 comments:

¡Vizcacha! said...

HURRAY!! for you and Queenie.

Roxanne
http://thegoodluckduck.blogspot.com

Tesaje said...

That is very good news. Lipomas are nothing. Even if she were sick, you have still kept your promise to her. Her life is much better and it gets to keep being better.

Custom Search