Sunday, February 21, 2016

Re-Learning

In recent years I have become painfully aware that close to 77 years old, my memory is no longer what it used to be. But it has never been so obvious as since I decided to blog again, now that I have the internet and have so much to report. To whom? Just for the sake of it! At the very least, it'll get rid of superfluous stuff in my brain to make room for re-learning...

Back to the memory bit. Not having used my camera for the past 3 years, I have forgotten a lot of the functions. Yesterday, as I attempted to take photos of the finished parts of the house, I suddenly blocked off. Thinking it was the batteries, I put in new ones. Same result. Then I checked whether I could have forgotten some pics left on the card. Bingo! OK, let's go on with removing old stuff. I must have pressed the wrong minuscule button because suddenly all was frozen, I don't know where or why. I'll have to read the instruction booklet to re-learn how to use my old, but good, digital camera.

In my blog (silent for 3 years) I had used Picasa to touch up the photos. At times it would the lighting, the colour, or a slanted image. The moment I keyed in Picasa, I was notified that I had to install an update. THAT I had not forgotten. I've been doing this for weeks ever since I got the internet. The problem is that once more, much had changed on Picasa. More re-learning...

With the very best intentions in my heart, I had planned on catching up with my blog. Not so. It's as if in the interval from when I left off and now, everything has changed. The internet is NEW. Many of the programs had to be updated and seem as if NEW. Even my old camera appears NEW.

Back to blogging; it might take a while to get ME updated. What's the old saying? USE IT OR LOSE IT! 

No problem. It is said that we use only 10% of our brain capacity. Plenty of room left to re-learn.

At least I haven't forgotten how to read...

No comments:

Custom Search