Friday, March 27, 2009

Books in the Boondocks

I am a voracious reader. When I have nothing to read, I find myself seriously deprived. Since I stay at Imperial Dam, north of Yuma, AZ for the winter months, my problem is easily solved. I get a card from the Yuma Library for $15.00 valid for 6 months.Sometimes, I want books to keep as reference or for any other reason I get those from Amazon. Delivery when I am at the LTVA (Long-Term Visitor Area) is a cinch. The Christian Service Center graciously provides mail service. All that needs to be done is to register at season start, in the fall or winter. I also try to find second-hand bookstores, either on my way to a place or when I get there.Most cities and towns, no matter how small, have a public library. Books no longer wanted are up for sale at dirt-cheap prices. Sometimes, you might even able to borrow if you plan to stay for a while! --



Posted By Stargazer to Boondocking Blogger at 3/27/2009 02:11:00 PM

No comments:

Custom Search