Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Looking Back

Keesha & Teddy - Clear Lake Night before last, in search of something to read, I came across my journals of three years ago. Mildly curious, I plunged in. I had just then finished watching “The Secret” and following the instructions, built a Vision Board with great enthusiasm. A Vision Board is a visual representation of what dreams, visions, or plans for the future one wants to realize or accomplish in one’s life. On it I put the photo of a house in Yuma (it was up for sale for just under half a cool million), a photo of my two cherished dogs, Teddie Rottweiler and Keesha Shepherd, both passed away and terribly missed, then candidly imagined myself winning the lottery (hah. . . dream on BIG if at all!). To my mind, it was the only way through which I’d get a house. I had always had dogs—and lived in my own house when with dogs—and knew full well that short of having my own place, I’d never have the right to have two large dogs in a rental. My choice of Yuma, Arizona, reflected my wish to be in a warm and sunny climate. Also, I loved the closeness to Mexico and its vibrant culture.

Little did I know that I was putting in motion universal energies (quantum physics) that would eventually materialize my deepest desires.

Needless to say I never won the lottery. In fact, I stopped buying tickets after a period of dwindling funds. I had let go of the seniors’ apartment and reluctantly of my little cat Tweetie, so named because she didn’t meow, just tweeted like a little bird. As a tiny kitten, she had been found in a dumpster by the previous owner. A few months after I had let her go, she died of an acute feline disease. I was heartbroken. I missed her very much.

Not so with the seniors’ apartment. It had been the most disheartening place imaginable. The majority of residents simply shuffled about, covering an ever diminishing perimeter of activities, resigned to simply wait for death to liberate them from a barely liveable existence.

I took to the road again and had to overcome a bevy of problems, not the least of which were two surgeries to correct the smashing of my right elbow. Neither worked. I was torn. How could something that felt so right be filled with so many hardships? Oh, well… at least I had my Queenie! And I was free and mobile. Like a turtle, I went wherever I wished with my shelter over my vulnerable self.

I will not recount here how I ended up in Santillan, boondocking on my own lot, right now saving so that I can eventually build my own little house. In retrospect, I know NOW that our thoughts are, together with a firm belief that they can become a reality in a time to come, the primary engineer of life events that will eventually manifest them. I NOW realize, with absolute conviction, that what we think (and resultantly feel) we bring about. I may be living for a while on a construction site, but it’s mine. I wasn’t even looking for a lot! My house is as much here as the future mighty oak is potentially alive in the acorn. And… technically… I am in my own house, albeit on wheels!

PICT0014 Two puppies, sisters, just as close to each other as Teddie and Keesha had been, were literally DROPPED at my doorstep. Now, while I cannot honestly state that gigantic Queenie reminds me of diminutive Tweetie, nevertheless her great ambling presence conveys the tranquil love that Tweetie’s velvety paws had.

Who woulda thunk?

My cup runneth over.

LiveJournal Tags: ,

1 comment:

SecretStar said...

I'M STARGAZER AND THIS IS MY BLOG. I HAVE HAD TO CREATE THIS NEW MAIL ACCOUNT. SOME SWINDLERS HAVE GOTTEN HOLD OF THIS, MY OWN BLOG, HAVE CHANGED MY PASSWORD FOR BOTH THE BLOG AND GMAIL,AND HAVE CONTACTED A LOT OF PEOPLE REQUESTING MONEY TRANSFERS. THEY EVEN HAVE MANAGED TO ACCESS MY YAHOO EMAIL AND ERASE ALL MY CONTACTS. THIS IS FRAUD AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I CONTACTED GOOGLE ABOUT IT. DO NOT SENT A SINGLE PENNY TO THESE AWFUL PEOPLE. IT IS NOT MY DOING. PLEASE SIGNAL THIS TO GOOGLE AS I DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET PROPER RESOLUTION TO THIS.

Custom Search